Sunday, December 3, 2017

#882 KOSMOS - "KOSMOS FÜR ZWEI" SERIES (I) – SIEDLER VON CATAN (1996 to 2007)


It is along time since I talked about board games for the last time. Now I´d like to present this series of board games made especially for 2 players, and sold in small boxes.

I´d like to apologize for the bad quality of the pictures, most of them were taken in a basement with very low light.

I will just add a short comment on every game, since they are too many. Complete reviews, discussion boards, instructions and pictures of the board, parts, etc. can be found in specialized webpages like Board Game Geek.

I have so many games of these, that I will split them among several entries. I am still missing some of them. Because I like them so much, I wouldn´t mind having all of them, but they are more and more difficult to find.

All of them were published around the years 2004 and 2012, so they are not so new anymore. Kosmos has stopped releasing new games in this series for some reason. Shame.

The games released were of many kinds: strategy games, war games, placement games, card games...

I’ll start with all games I have related to the Settlers of Catan, which are quite a few.

Die Siedler von Catan: Das Kartenspiel für Zwei Spieler (1996)


Die Siedler von Catan: Das Turnier-Set zum Kartenspiel (1997)


Die Siedler von Catan: Magier & Forscher (2003)


Die Siedler von Catan: Kämpfer & Kaufleute (2003)


Anno 1701 (2007)
 

Sternenschiff Catan/ Starship Catan (2001)


I also have the newer version of the card game, the dice game, and several others versions and reimplementations. I had all 5 card sets individually (first edition), but I sold them a long time ago, when I bought the two boxes above.

FACTS AND FIGURES:
  • Name: Die Siedler von Catan: Das Kartenspiel für Zwei Spieler, Die Siedler von Catan: Das Turnier-Set zum Kartenspiel, Die Siedler von Catan: Magier & Forscher, Die Siedler von Catan: Kämpfer & Kaufleute, Anno 1701, Sternenschiff Catan/ Starship Catan
  • Year: Between 1996 and 2007
  • Company: Kosmos (Germany)
  • Size: approx. 20 x 20 cm (game box)

No comments:

Post a Comment