Wednesday, September 6, 2017

#850 THE LOST WORLD – ROLAND TEMBO and NICK VAN OWEN (1997)


Two more figures from the Lost World series. I already presented two carded figures a long time ago, and now I will present two loose ones.

The figures are Roland Tembo "Great Hunter" and Nick Van Owen "Video Expert".




Roland Tempo came with a Pachycephalosaurus hatchling, and a huge accesory that moves, called "dino stun prod", which may be some kind of capture-device for the dinosaur included, and also a small knife, that shares its cast with G.I.Joe´s Shockwave from 1988.



Nick Van Owen comes with a water launching gun attached by means of a thick hose to the backpack and a videocamera. This last accesory shares its cast with G.I.Joe´s Scoop from 1989. This action figure comes with the pteranodon hatchling.


Both accesories shared with the G.I.Joe toyline have a slightly different colour than the original ones.



Interestingly, there are two versions of Nick Van Owen. One with baseball cap, one without. I am still missing the cap version, but I have a chinese bootleg of it, found a long time ago (maybe in year 1997 or 1998) in a chinese bazaar. It still keeps its original backpack.

UPDATE 1 (NOV/2020): I bought the variant figure of Nick Van Owen (with cap) carded. Here are the pictures.

  


FACTS and FIGURES:
  • Name: ROLAND TEMBO and NICK VAN OWEN
  • Toy Line: The Lost World (Wave 1)
  • Year: 1997
  • Company: Kenner (U.S.A.)
  • Scale of the figures: Around 11 cms

No comments:

Post a Comment