Saturday, March 25, 2017

#791 HASBRO'S WWF - RICK STEINER, SCOTT STEINER and DOINK THE CLOWN (1994)

 
Unfortunately, I cannot remember watching any of these wrestlers in action, as I have commented several times, by the time they were famous characters in the WWF universe, the show had been cancelled in Spanish TV, so I cannot bring my personal opinion or memories this time.
 
Rick Steiner (Robert Rechsteiner): Rick Steiner is one of my favorite figures from these later years, I like the colouful outfit and the strange beard/moustache that no other Hasbro figure has. The action feature was overused, and thus, less impressive, but still fits well and is always working, so it is a sturdy figure.


Scott Steiner (Scott Carl Rechsteiner): Scott was really the brother of Rick Steiner, but unlikely, the figure is one of the ones I like less. The wrestler is quite generic, the haircut is common to many other wrestling stars, has no distinctive mark or outfit and the action feature is even more boring than the one used for in Rick Steiner. I think this opinion is shared by people in general, based in my experiences from my toy shop.



Doink the Clown (Matt Osborne and others): What a great idea for a character, although probably influenced by Batman´s Joker, the idea of a not-funny clown is in my opinion a good one. He played always the bad guy, but still his outfit, make-up and green wig are truly remarkable. The figure is one of my all-time favorites, being the only one that came with "hair" and a cool pose of the left hand, that should remind you of the jokes and tricks he used to fool his opponents. The action feature is the boring up-down punch, but all the other features makes the figure one of a kind in the Hasbro toyline.




Since wave 11 has already been published completely in different articles (see #53, #265 and #375), the next series of articles dealing with Hasbro´s Official WWF will present the tenth (and last in this blog) of the ordinary series, but I still have a couple of surprises up my sleeve that wrestling fans will really enjoy, so there is still some way to go with this great toyline.

FACTS and FIGURES:
  • Name: RICK STEINER, SCOTT STEINER and DOINK THE CLOWN
  • Toy Line: Official WWF (Wave 9)
  • Year: 1994
  • Company: Hasbro (U.S.A.)
  • Size of the figures: 12 cm

No comments:

Post a Comment