Friday, March 3, 2017

#783 TOMICA - MISUOKA OROCHI, RENAULT MÉGANE SPORT GENDARMERIE and VOLKSWAGEN POLO (Nr. 25, 44 and 109) (2007, 2013 and 2014)


These are three Tomica models from the last years that I bought several months ago during a trip to Singapore. We could say, they are some kind of souvenir. I was there in two toy stores and was amazed by the care Tomica takes presenting its models, with a display that includes several drawers (in which the boxes are ordered by number) and small windows in which the actual car is inside, so you can see exactly what you buy.

There were hundreds of models available, and despite I do not collect such modern toys, I had to buy a few from them, as I said before, as a souvenir, and also some kind of nostalgic action to remember when I received some Tomica models from my father 30 years ago.


I had a look at so many models, and from the ordinary series, I picked up these three. The Misuoka was the most impressive I could found, and the other two are two European cars that are quite common here: the VW Polo and the Renault Mégane Sport, although this last one has a peculiar decoration. European cars were actually an exception, but they appealed to me more than all Toyotas, Daihatsus, Nissans and rest of Japanese models, most of which are not available in Europe.

There were also "special" editions which costed much more than these. I had bought an Optimus Prime truck (from the Transformers series) if it had been available, but it wasn´t.


The Misuoka was I think the only unit available, it had probably remain hidden for a few years, until I found it in the drawer and took it home, because at the time, it was already an old model, not present in the "window", and already replaced by the next Nr.25 reference.

The other two were very very recent.

Misuoka Orochi Nr.25 1/63 2007
Renault Mégane Sport Gendarmerie Nr.44 1/62 2014
Volkswagen Polo N.109 1/62 2013


FACTS AND FIGURES:
  • Name: MISUOKA OROCHI, RENAUL MÉGANE SPORT GENDARMERIE and VOLKSWAGEN POLO (Nr. 25, 44 and 109)
  • Scale: 1:63, 1:62 and 1:62
  • Year: 2007, 2013 and 2014
  • Company: Tomica (Japan)
  • Size: approx. 7 cm

No comments:

Post a Comment