Wednesday, November 9, 2016

#741 STAR WARS – REBEL COMMANDO vs DENGAR (1981 and 1983)


Until now, I always showed figures together belonging to the same series, but this time, I made a mistake, I took the pictures of Dengar (a character from the Empire Strikes Back) together with Rebel Commando (from the Return of the Jedi). Now that the job is done, I will simply comment the figures until the next entry.

Dengar is one of the bounty hunters hired by Jabba the Hut, but despite being quite recognisable, has a rather secondary role in the movie and appear only during a short time on the screen. The figure came with a long blue rifle, but mine is a repro part. The figure is a bit shorter than others in this collection. Having different sizes is something great that I miss in other toylines like G.I.Joe: ARAH or Masters of the Universe. The fgure also looks great in this small snow diorama shown in entry #640.


The Rebel Commando is the rebel troop for the last battle in Endor and is collected and "armybuilt" by many collectors, since they need a big army to fight the imperial troops. The weapon of this figure is original and I got it through my friend Pablo from Coleccionismo80-90. I love this figure for its simplicity, a guy in a green overall with a helmet. I wish I had a few of them, a small army.


FACTS and FIGURES:
  • Name: REBEL COMMANDO and DENGAR
  • Toy Line: Star Wars (The Return of the Jedi and The Empire Strikes Back)
  • Year: 1983 and 1981
  • Company: Kenner (U.S.A.)
  • Size of the figures: 9,5 cm (3 3/4'')

No comments:

Post a Comment