Monday, April 11, 2016

#665 GLOBO ITALY (VR) – SEVERAL CARS IN THE MICRO MACHINES SCALE (Around 1997)

MONTH OF THE BOOTLEG AND THE KNOCK-OFF AT TOYS FROM THE PAST!
 
 
This series of cars in the Micro Machines scale (or slightly bigger) were really common at fleamarkets the beginning of the 2000s. I guess they were made by the mid 90s and could be found in cheap stores, otherwise I cannot explain why are they so common.
 
There are several different models, mostly race and 4x4 cars, each of them in two colours, although there are also minor variations. I had much more of these, but I only kept one of each type including variants. I left the rest in different geocaches around Europe.
 
Note that some are marked: "TURBO", "DESERT DEMON", "TYPHOON" and some also carry race numbers.
 
If you have any information about these models, I´d love to hear it! Please leave a comment to this entry.

UPDATE: I found a blister pack with sme of these cars marked "GLOBO ITALY (VR)" (VR is for the region Verona, since they are located in Illasi). I think this company still exists and it is now called GLOBO (see www.globo.it). Probably they started importing knock-off toys (according to the web in 1982), like Transformers Micro Masters (called Micro Metamorphs) and they grew from that point on to be one of the most important Italian toy importers today.

Even though these cars are probably older than 1997, I will leave the 1997 estimation. It is suspicious that they were still so easy to find around 2010.
 
FACTS AND FIGURES:
  • Name: SEVERAL CARS IN THE MICRO MACHINES SCALE
  • Scale of the cars: 1:150 aprox.
  • Year: Around 1997
  • Company: Globo Italy (VR) (Italy/ China)
  • Size: approx. 2,5 cm

No comments:

Post a Comment