Sunday, January 31, 2016

#639 AMIGO and ASS - TURTLES QUARTETT and POLICE ACADEMY POKER QUARTETT (1990)

 
This two sets have several things in common. Both are from 1990 and based in cartoon characters, licensed by Mirage Studios and Warner Brothers espectively. Both come in an oversized package that might have helped to sell better, or at least for a higher price.
 







 
 
 
 
In the case of the turtles deck, the box includes two round card holders, that may be good for children with small hands to hold a lot of cards and having all in sight. The Police Academy deck includes nothing but the deck.
 
 
A difference between them is that the turtles game is simply a quartett game, while the Police Academy is actually a trumpf game too. Each card shows a vehicle or a weapon with several technical characteristics: speed, distance, attack and defense... it is quite fun to play.
 
The Police Academy film series was always one of my favorites. I haven't seen any film as many times as Police Academy 3, closely followed by Police Academy 4, they were really funny. The cartoon series however was aired only rarely and in regional channels, and I think I have seen it a couple of times (a couple of chapters) and it was ok.
 
The Ninja Turtles cartoons were much popular and I have seen many chapters, but still I preffer the other quartett game. When I saw it, I knew I had to buy it.
 



 
 
FACTS AND FIGURES:
  • Name: TURTLES QUARTETT and POLICE ACADEMY POKER QUARTETT
  • Year: 1990
  • Company: Amigo and ASS (Germany)

2 comments:

  1. Muy chulas las barajas y preciosas las cajas que las contienen. Me encantan. ;-)

    Un saludo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias por el comentario, a mi me gusta mucho, pero mucho más, la de la Academia de Policia. La de las tortugas se ve hecha con más prisas, pero también es un buen artículo de colección, como todo lo que tenga que ver con las Tortugas Ninja.

      Delete