Friday, April 10, 2015

#533 UNKNOWN TOYMAKER - "THE LITTLES"/ "LOS DIMINUTOS" PVC FIGURES (Around 1985)

MONTH OF THE BOOTLEG AT TOYS FROM THE PAST!


I bought these figures a while ago in some flea market. I do not remember exactly when was it. When I decided to inspect them to find out a bit more about them, I noticed that they were not marked, and that they were not Comics Spain, because they are painted in different colours and, paying even more attention, the figures are not so well finished. The plastic has some imperfections, and the paintwork is not so accurate.


So they are definitely a Comics Spain bootleg, or maybe a bootleg from other toy manufacturer, although I am not aware that these PVC figures were made anywhere else by any other brand.

I remember the TV series, which I found quite nice. I didn´t know that, but it was a very short series, with only 29 episodes in 3 seasons. The chapters always ended with some advice to do some crafts. This V series was based on the books by american autor John Peterson.

To my knowledge, the series was never very popular (except maybe in Spain, France and very few other countries) and there are no (or very few) toys made of them. In Spain there was even a chewing gum that included one tatoo-sticker each. Other merchandise were a sticker album or a deck of cards made by Heraclio Fournier.

From this bootleg series I am missing Tom Little, I hope I can find it sometime.

FACTS and FIGURES:
  • Name: THE LITTLES: LUCY LITTLE, GRANDPA LITTLE and DINKY LITTLE
  • Alternate Names: LOS DIMINUTOS (Spain)
  • Year: Around 1985
  • Company: Unknown (Probably Spain)
  • Size of the figures: Around 4 cm (1.5’’)

No comments:

Post a Comment