Saturday, February 28, 2015

#518 SIKU PLASTIK – FIAT 600 (V49) (Around 1958)


This is my oldest Siku model, and the only one I own made of plastic. It represents a Fiat 600, which is the model that could interest me the most from the whole range, since the Fiat 600 is identical to the Seat 600, and this one is by far the most popular Spanish car.

I found it at a flea market and bought it very cheap, otherwise I guess I would have never bid for it as it usually ends with very high prices.

My model is light blue/grey, but there are also one version in white. It can be that the car was originally light blue, but with the use (mine is not perfect) it turned to grey.


No matter what, I’m really happy with the model, and I will keep it together with other Seat 600 I collected.

Siku Plastik line started in 1954, and was from the beginning a 1:60 scale line of vehicles and accesories. Siku dealt since it's foundation with plastics and produced a great variety of toys and objects for daily life in different plastic componds, so they already mastered the fabrication of small objects in this material when the Plastik line came to life.

The scale choice was something intermediate to the European 1:43 and the 1:90 that at the time was using Wiking (in Germany).


The following year, Sikualready had 55 car models, more than 70 accesories and more than 120 traffic signs. Cars were all common vehicles of the time, most of them German. Year after year the number of models increased. Up to 20 new models each time!

By 1958, Siku Plastik counted more than 100 models, way more than Wiking.

The line was complemented with some Street plans, were you could place all Siku accesories (buildings like shops, garages, schools, stations; small figures, street lamps, traffic signs, traffic lights, trees... Some of these sets were even offered to driving schools, as they include ítems to simulate/explain every possible traffic situation.


For more information, I advice you to buy this book.

FACTS AND FIGURES:
  • Name: FIAT 600 (V49)
  • Scale: 1:60
  • Year: Around 1958
  • Company: Siku (Germany)
  • Size: approx. 2’’ or 4,5 cm

No comments:

Post a Comment