Sunday, September 14, 2014

#457 MADELMAN 2050 – ALACTRO LAGARD (Ref. 1606) (1989)


This is the last Madelman 2050 figure I have bought, and with it I already have all figures that were officially released in a blister pack. I am still missing some vehicles, but I am not sure if I will ever go for them… I am running out of space. And of course, I am also missing the super-rare figure prototypes that I do not think they will be available again on ebay or wherever. If you want to read more about those prototypes, I suggest you visit this old entry #191.


Alactro-Lagard is the other new figure released in the second wave (the first was Deltox-Zan), and it is again a repaint of a figure from wave 1 with new accessories: in this case, some kind of delta-wing and a cannon, both in yellow. Under the delta-wing there is some kind of sticker or paper, but I don't know what it could be.


The character, as explained in #26, is the commander of the Zarkon armies, but as in the case of Deltox-Zan, the figure is a repaint of another character… actually, the Alactro-Lagard figure is based on Reptis. Deltox-Zan was based on Darman. Why Exin did that is unknown to me, maybe the condition of these figures’s casts were better than the other, or maybe it was just a random choice.

Both Deltox-Zan and Alactro Lagard are much rarer figures that the 8 ones from wave 1, and today cost (Mint On Card) between 150 and 200 Euro each. I have never seen them loose, so I don’t know which price they could have, but surely the half of a MOC figure or less.


FACTS AND FIGURES:
  • Name: ALACTRO LAGARD (Ref. 1606)
  • Toy Line: Madelman 2050 (Wave 2)
  • Year: 1989
  • Company: Exin (Spain)
  • Size of the figures: 3¾’’ or 9,5 cm

2 comments:

  1. Una pena que se prescindieran de las ilustraciones en los blisters de la segunda serie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. La portada del libro que te comento, es precisamente una lámina inédita de los dos personajes de la segunda serie que si se vendieron en tienda. Es muy chula.

      Delete