Wednesday, February 19, 2014

#383 CORGI JUNIORS – CENTURION TANK, COMMANDO V100 and DAIMLER SCOUT CAR (Nr. 66A, 83A and 84A) (1976 and 1974)


Hi and welcome to another lazy blog entry.

These three models are military miniatures made by Corgi Juniors. You can recall the history of the Corgi Juniors in this entry, which is the only one dedicated so far to the 1:64 scale line of Corgi… although these vehicles are not 1:64 scale… I do not know which scale could they have, since I don’t know how big these vehicles in reality are.



Military die-cast was very popular back in the 70s and the 80s, and has become less popular in the last few years, at least in toys for children, I guess many parents do not want their children to play war.

The models are:

CENTURION TANK - 66A - Made between 1976 and 1978





COMMANDO V100 - 83A – Made between 1974 and 1977




DAIMLER SCOUT CAR - 84A – Made between 1974 and 1978: The sticker and the soldier are quite fragile, pay attention to this if you're looking for this particular model.




FACTS AND FIGURES:
  • Name: CENTURION TANK, COMMANDO V100 and DAIMLER SCOUT CAR (Nr. 66A, 83A and 84A)
  • Scale: Unknown Scale
  • Year: 1976, 1974 and 1974
  • Company: Corgi (G. Britain)
  • Size: approx. 3’’ or 7 cm

6 comments:

  1. It's possible V 100 could be about 1:87 scale? I put some figures 1:87 near it and it's very close to reality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply, I replied to it a long time ago, but the answer was not registered for some reason.

      I am not familiar with tanks, I have seen very few in my life, but yes, it could be 1:87, could also be 1:100 or even something close to 1:72. I think it may work perfectly with 1:87 miniatures as you say.

      Delete
  2. I recently found a v100 (in okay condition) in an empty gas station parking lot. I can't imagine how something that old would suddenly show up in such a place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting! I have never found any old toy anywhere. Do you think that v100 stayed there for many years until you found it? Or maybe somebody dropped it accidentally short before you found it?

      Delete
  3. i have the centurion tank - going through my sons old toys!

    ReplyDelete